CASE NEW HOLLAND CONSTRUCTION EQUIPMENT (INDIA) PRIVATE LIMITED
Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) being self-regulatory measures inducted and integrated in the business strategy of the organisation for the common benefit of the organisation and the communities in which it operates. CASE Construction, being a part of CNH Industrial Group that has its existence world-wide, conducts its business in a socially responsible and ethical manner. This Policy lays down the mechanism for undertaking socially beneficial programmes for sustainable development of the community at large.
Objective: CASE Construction’s CSR initiative focuses on creating and adding economic, social environment value to the society. Through its CSR activities the Company intends to grow and create value by supplying innovative products and services for maximum customer satisfaction with due respect to the legitimate interests of all stakeholders (including directors, officers and employees, as well as shareholders, customers, suppliers and the communities in which the Company operates).
CSR in India
In India, CASE Construction for its growth has preferred the path of sustainability. CASE Construction has always focused on:
- Health and safety of its people
- Deployment of efficient Quality system in production process that create value for our stakeholder.
- Continuous Improvement of environmental performance of its operations
- Protection of women employees against sexual harassment
- Governance in its letter and spirit
Composition of CSR Committee
The members of CSR Committee shall comprise of minimum three directors to be nominated by the Board of Directors (“Board”) or minimum numbers as required by private company and company secretary of the company will also act as secretary to the CSR Committee.
The Committee will meet twice a year or as deemed necessary to timely monitor the CSR Policy and recommend to the Board the CSR activities to be undertaken along with the amount of expenditure to be incurred on each CSR activity.
Quorum of two members is required to be present for the proceedings to take place.
The CSR activities needs to be carried out in India, preference shall be given to local areas and around where it operates.
Estimated Expenditure for CSR Activities during the year:
The CSR activities could be undertaken out of a part of net profit, as may be recommended by CSR Committee and approved by the Board for each project/activity. The yearly expenditure should not be less than 2% of Average Net profit of the Company for last three financial years. The investment in CSR shall be project based.
The budgeted amount allocated for CSR activities/projects for each financial year shall be spent within that year. For any reason, if the budget of a year remains unutilized, the same would be carried forward to the next year for expenditure on CSR activities which were planned for implementation in the previous year, but could not be completed due to some reasons. However, the reasons for not being able to spend the entire budget on CSR activities as planned for that year shall be disclosed to the Committee Constituted above and to the Board at earliest.
CSR programmes will be allocated a minimum annual CSR budget for carrying out activities in Pithampur and surrounded areas and for other locations in India.
List of CSR projects or programs recommended
CASE Construction can plan to undertake any of the following CSR activities in the respective sectors:
Health care and welfare activities
- Eradicating hunger, poverty and malnutrition, promoting health care including preventive health care and sanitation and making available safe drinking water;
Education sector and sustainable livelihood
- Promoting education, including special education and employment enhancing vocation skills especially among children, women, elderly, and the differently abled and livelihood enhancement projects;
Women and Child development and rehabilitation of disabled persons
- Promoting gender equality, empowering women, setting up homes and hostels for women and orphans; setting up old age homes, day care centers and such other facilities for senior citizens and measures for reducing inequalities faced by socially and economically backward groups;
- Measures for the benefit of armed forces veterans, war widows and their dependents;
Protection and safeguard of Environment
- Ensuring environmental sustainability, ecological balance, protection of flora and fauna, animal welfare, agroforestry, conservation of natural resources and maintaining quality of soil, air and water;
Social and Cultural Development
- Protection of national heritage, art and culture including restoration of buildings and sites of historical importance and works of art; setting up public libraries; promotion and development of traditional arts and handicrafts;
- Training to promote rural sports, nationally recognized sports, Paralympic sports and Olympic sports;
Rural development projects
Slum area developments or as may be prescribed by Companies Act 2013 and related rules.
CSR Implementation and Schedule for implementation:
CSR Projects shall be implemented by the specialized agencies and/or by various work-centers of CASE Construction in India as may be decided by the Board from time to time.
Further, the activities planned for the year shall also identify the period/time frame in which these are likely to be taken up and will be completed etc. and further, for carrying the CSR project/activities in a particular year estimated outlay for that year shall also be prepared.
Preparation and Submission of Report
The detailed working on implementation of project/activities shall be prepared by the Committee in the below format on monthly/quarterly basis as may be decided by the Board of Directors:
- S. No.
- CSR Project or activity
- Sector in which the Project/ activity is covered
- Areas/ Location
- Estimated Outlay for each Project/ activity
- Yearly/Quarterly/Monthly Estimated Outlay for each Project/activity
- Targeted period for Completion of Project/ activity
- Percentage Completed during the Quarter/Month
The Committee shall further add its remark and recommendations to its report for submission to the Board of Directors. The Report must include deviations, if any from the planned project along with reasons.
Review and Modifications
The Board shall have power to modify the Policy based on the review and recommendation of CSR Committee.
Contact for CSR
For any Queries/clarification on companies CSR policy, please contact the below address-
CASE New Holland Construction Equipment (India) Private Limited
2nd Floor, Plot No.14A,Sector-18
VIOM Tower,Maruti Industrial Complex
Gurgaon-122015, Haryana (India)
For & On Behalf of Board of Directors