HIGH PRECISION AND CONTROLLABILITY
The proven CASE Intelligent Hydraulic System (CIHS)
delivers impressive machine control with unrivalled
energy and fuel savings in all cycle time phases.
Two variable displacement axial piston pumps with
regulating system are combined with the CASE
main valve, designed in Japan for fine, precise and
The Hydraulic system is governed by a Machine
Control Unit which collects input from pressure
sensors located on pumps, main valve and pilot lines.
The Machine Control Unit contentiously dialogue with
the Engine Control Unit in order to optimize machine
output at any moment in any condition.
CASE advanced energy management consists of 5 Energy Saving Controls
- Automatic Economy control (AEC): improving fuel efficiency by drop in engine rpm when the joystick is in neutral position.
- Boom Economy Control (BEC): increased fuel efficiency in boom lowering/swinging operations.
- Swing Relief Control (SWC): optimized hydraulic power distribution in slewing operations to deliver the most
efficient flow and pressure.
- Spool Stroke Control (SSC): pressure and flow control during digging and leveling operations
- Idle functions
- Auto Idle: lowers engine rpm after 5 seconds of joystick inactivity;
- Idle Shutdown: shuts the engine down after a pre-set time.
- Regenerative: hydraulic circuit for boom, arm & bucket
operations for better productivity.
The CX220C model is powered by fuel efficient FPT
(Fiat PowerTrain) Engine, designed to boost machine
performances and optimize fuel economy.
The 6 cylinders FPT engine delivers outstanding power and torque,
that reduces the transient time making the hydraulic system
immediately reactive to any load.
Fuel consumption can be constantly monitored by the
operator throughout the new ECO gauge function,
that displays in real time the energy saving level utilized.
Accurate, robust and simple design for high durability.
- The CX220C delivers leading design solutions.
- Boom & Arm plate thickness increased by 33% and upper-structure has been reinforced in all area with higher
stress to increase the durability.
- The boom has high strength casting parts joined with thicker hinge flanges to reduce stress on the structures.
- The arm design features a single side lateral thicker plate, with extra reinforcement plates and grid on bottom side.
- The bucket linkage has a fortified structure and reduced tolerances for increased component life minimizing
- The anti-friction resin shims in the boom foot and head reduce noise and free play, increasing durability and
reliability for the customer.
New Undercarriage Structure
Designed to last!
Thicker structural plates and new design:
- The ‘sloped’ lower frame design reduces the time needed to clean the undercarriage.
- Reinforced idler guards to protect from stones.
- Larger pin diameter to reduce contact surface pressure and increase component life.
- Travel motor case frame with thicker plate for better durability.
- Recoil spring increase stroke for better cushion performance.
- Track guards to keep chain on rollers in any condition.
3 power modes to match any customer need:
- AUTO: for normal digging, grading, lifting and precision work. Power Boost always engaged.
- HEAVY: for heavy operations always granting the best balance between productivity and fuel economy. Power Boost
- SUPER POWER: extra speed and power for the most demanding jobs that require maximum productivity. Power Boost
Operators can store up to 10 auxiliary hydraulic flow and pressure settings to easily switch among different
attachments with no need of any mechanical adjustment.
The advanced hydraulic system offers higher breakout forces, improved swing speeds and greater swing torque,
resulting in faster cycle times and 5% increase in productivity.
Power boost function is automatically engaged. The electronic management of speed and power lowers fuel
consumption and offers considerable productivity benefits in terms of outputs.