HIGH PRECISION AND CONTROLLABILITY
The proven CASE Intelligent Hydraulic System (CIHS)
delivers impressive machine control with unrivalled
energy and fuel savings in all cycle time phases.
Two variable displacement axial piston pumps with
regulating system are combined with the CASE
main valve, designed in Japan for fine, precise and
The Hydraulic system is governed by a Machine
Control Unit which collects input from pressure
sensors located on pumps, main valve and pilot lines.
The Machine Control Unit continuously dialogues with
the Engine Control Unit in order to optimize machine
output at all times in all conditions.
CASE advanced energy management consists of 5 Energy Saving Functions
- Automatic Economy Control (AEC): improved fuel efficiency through a drop in engine rpm when the joysticks are in neutral
- Boom Economy Control (BEC): increased fuel efficiency in boom lowering/swinging operations.
- Swing Relief Control (SWC): optimized hydraulic power distribution in slewing operations to deliver the most
efficient flow and pressure.
- Spool Stroke Control (SSC): pressure and flow control during digging and leveling operations.
- Idle functions
- Auto Idle: lowers engine rpm after 5 seconds of joysticks inactivity.
- Idle Shutdown: shuts the engine down after a pre-set time.
The CX220C/CX220C LC model is powered by a fuel efficient FPT
engine designed, to boost machine performance and optimize fuel
The 6-cylinder FPT engine delivers outstanding power and torque,
and reduces transient time, so that the hydraulic system is immediately
reactive to a load.
Fuel consumption can be constantly monitored by the
operator throughout the new ECO gauge function,
that displays in real time the energy saving level.
Accurate, robust and simple design for high durability.
- The CX220C/CX220C LC features leading design solutions.
- The boom & arm plate thickness has been increased by 33% and the upper structure has been reinforced in all high-stress
areas to improve durability.
- The boom has high strength casting parts joined with thicker hinge flanges to reduce stress on the structures.
- The arm design features a single side lateral thicker plate, with extra reinforcement plates and grid on the bottom side.
- The fortified structure and reduced tolerances of the bucket linkage extends component life, minimizing downtime.
- The anti-friction resin shims in the boom foot and head reduce noise and free play, increasing durability and reliability for the
New undercarriage structure designed
Thicker structural plates and new design:
- The ‘sloped’ lower frame design reduces the time needed to
clean the undercarriage.
- Reinforced idler guards protect from stones.
- Larger pin diameter reduce contact surface pressure and
increase component life.
- Travel motor frame with thicker plate for better durability.
- Recoil spring increase stroke for better cushion performance.
- Track guards ensure the chain remains on the rollers in all