The CX55D is a 5 ton digger and is part of the CASE Construction Equipment D-Series Mini Excavators. It has an operating weight of 5400 kg and uses a PERKINS 404J-E22T - STAGE 5 engine that can power up to 57.9hp. The CX55D is one of the larger mini excavators of the D-Series.
Share or download a brochure for additional information.
Boost your machine's profitability by tracking and managing your fleet's operation.
Reduce your Total Cost of Ownership by increased connectivity resulting to more efficient service.
Avoid unexpected costs with this extended warranty program.
Explore the Features
This CASE 5 ton digger cab version can be equipped with rubber or steel tracks and can deliver a digging depth of up to 3740 mm. It is a popular choice for busy urban and infrastructure sites with high traffic or sites with other equipment types present. The CX55D mini excavator, like other D-series mini excavators, has been designed to meet European customers’ needs.
To ensure agility and manoeuvrability at ease even in confined spaces, the CX55D is a 2-piece boom, short radius model. We strive to innovate practical solutions with the end goal of increasing productivity. From this approach, stems high technology features such as electro-hydraulic controls, hydraulic flow settings, load-sensing electronic pumps, flow-sharing control valves, and up to 3 auxiliary circuits that can be paired with a vast variety of quick couplers and attachments, rendering the CX55D extremely versatile in its applications.
With the 2-piece boom you can reach 30% higher and 10% further than with a standard Mono-boom, and you can dig closer to the machine.
The CX55D is equipped with CASE SiteWatch and SiteConnect services, a range of after-sales services that support your experience with CASE Equipment. In order to be compliant with the progressively more stringent environmental requirements in various European countries and cities, the CASE CX55D mini excavator is compatible with bio hydraulic oil and lubricants, which is in fact offered as the ex-factory option.
Let’s learn all about the features and their benefits in further detail.
- Superior Protection grid (FOPS Level 2)
- Front Protection grid (Level 2)
- Arm cylinder and bucket cylinder protection
- Rubber pads for steel tracks
- Geogrip tracks
- Vast variety of attachments
- Full range of Mechanical and Hydraulic quick couplers
- Full range of Buckets
- Tiltable Cab/Canopy (ROPS/ TOPS - FOPS Level 1)
- Automatic Courtesy light
- Electric socket on the roof for Rotating Beacon
- Windshield washer
- Rear-view mirrors (left, right)
- Fabric seat with Mechanical suspension (cab)
- Standard arm
- Boom Lift cylinder and dozer blade cylinder protection
- Standard counterweight
- Air Filter with drain valve and electric anti-clogging indicator
- Hydraulic Reversable Fan Drive with automatic functionality
- Servo-assisted hydraulic joysticks with Electro-Hydraulic proportional controls
- Electro-Hydraulic proportional Swing control
- 1st Auxiliary (AUX1) circuit with Electro- Hydraulic proportional control
- Digital cluster with AUX1, AUX2 and AUX3 flow settings
- Electric diverter between Single effect and Double effect AUX1
- 2 speed travel with Automatic Shift Down (from 2nd to 1st gear if more traction is required) and Shift-up
- Electronic Proportional RPM control with Auto-Idle
- Rubber tracks
- Standard Dozer Blade
- Operator manual
- Ignition key, which opens every machine lock
- Standard LED working lights (boom, right-front hood and left side)
- Battery disconnect switch
- Variable Volume Pump
- Standard Hydraulic oil and Lubricants
- CASE Sitewatch and SiteConnect
- Automatic Air conditioning and Heating
- DAB Radio, Bluetooth, USB, Memory card SD/SDHC, Aux-in
- Fabric seat with Pneumatic suspension
- Rear view camera
- Travel alarm
- Long arm
- Additional counterweight - Light
- Additional counterweight - Heavy
- Electric fuel refill pump
- 2nd Auxiliary (AUX2) circuit with Electro- Hydraulic proportional control
- 3rd Auxiliary (AUX3) circuit with Electro-Hydraulic proportional control
- Grapple provision (AUX3 with flow diverter from bucket cylinder)
- Direct Drainage to tank
- Block valves on dozer blade cylinder
- Object handling kit (block valves on boom and arm, lifting hook and load chart)
- Steel tracks
- 6x1 (angle/Tilt) Dozer Blade
- Dozer Float
- Extra LED working lights (cab-front and cab-rear)
- Rotating beacon
- Bio Hydraulic oil and Lubricants
- Automatic Centralized Lubrication
- High Flow provision (i.e. for Mulcher)
- Hydraulic quick coupler provision (Single or Double Effect)
- Mechanical and Hydraulic quick couplers
Max. Power (kW / hp)
Number of cylinders (n°)
Alternator V (Ah)
Battery V (Ah)
SLEWING & TRAVEL SPEED
CIRCUIT AND COMPONENT CAPACITIES